The following is a guest post from Katie of Girl Meets Nourishment, who is sharing her recipe for chocolately, creamy goodness- thank you Katie!
I Didn’t Think It Was Possible
Could you really make grain-free brownies that taste like the real thing? No way! I believed this until one day I became curious, I tinkered around in the kitchen and came up with this recipe for grain-free brownies. I set them out and asked my husband to try them. With one bite, he turned to me with wide-eyes, “These are the perfect brownies, just the way I like them! Cakey but fudgy at the same time.”
With that I knew I had succeeded – I made grain-free brownies that will not disappoint! I decided to up the anty by adding a cheesecake swirl on top with a secret ingredient, gelatin! These are perfect for those who love the cakey, fudgy goodness of brownies with a hint of sweet, creamy cheesecake. They make an easy and impressive addition to any potluck, get-together, or family meal!
Grain-Free Individual Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
For the Brownies:
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil, melted (where to buy coconut oil)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- 3 pastured eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fair-trade, organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic almond flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1. Mix together the melted butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, sea salt, and eggs until well combined. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking powder. Slowly add these dry ingredients into the wet mixture until everything is well-incorporated. Scoop 1/4 cup servings of the batter into a well-greased muffin pan.
3. In a 350 degree oven, bake for 4 minutes – remove from oven and add cheesecake swirl as directed below.
For the Cheesecake Swirl:
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (homemade is best)
- 1 tablespoon local, raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin (like this)
1. In a small bowl, add all the ingredients and mix together until well combined with a fork.
2. Scoop the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag or a plastic storage bag with the end snipped off. On the slightly baked brownies, squeeze the cheesecake mixture on top of each individual brownie into desired pattern. You can use a knife or toothpick to drag the pattern around to “swirl” it if desired.
3. Place back into the oven and continue to bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let cool completely, and remove from muffin pan. Enjoy!
Hi, my name is Katie and I blog over at Girl Meets Nourishment! I am on a real food and unprocessed living journey. I am getting back to the basics preparing food the old-fashioned way and discovering new ideas for a healthy life. I am here to share my journey with you. This veteran vegetarian of nine years now proudly eat lots of butter, takes cod liver oil, drinks kombucha, eats grass-fed meats, and all that is nourishing. This journey has opened me up to a new world filled with the wisdom of generations before me. I want to try these out-of-the-ordinary old-fashioned recipes and make them into my modern nourishment ñ making real food from real things in real time.
It is an ongoing adventure for us and I would love it if you would join me as we discover what unprocessed living is – follow me on Facebook, pin with me on Pinterest, and tweet with me on Twitter! Visit me at www.girlmeetsnourishment.com!
» Uncategorized » Cheesecake Swirl Brownies (Grain-Free)