This freshly churned delight . . .
Is rich in wholesome fats, lauric acid (a nutrient found in mother’s milk that is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal), collagen replenishing copper plus manganese, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, selenium and more.
It has a soft-serve consistency that kids – and adults – love, so go ahead and indulge. Let your mind wander back to hot summer days by the pool, or lazy afternoons in the hammock with a soft breeze, sun-dappled light and a good book. Relish each spoonful . . . and by all means feed it to your kids! Phosphorous and magnesium are vital in helping growing bodies absorb and use calcium. And as a bonus your kids just might start introducing you to random strangers with the phrase “This is my mommy. She makes ICE CREAM!” So yeah, there’s that. 🙂
- In a medium pot whisk egg yolks, honey, and salt together. Add coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
- Place pot on stove over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes. Be sure not to let the mixture boil. Remove pot from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer contents of pot to a bowl and chill until cold. Process mixture in an ice cream maker (like this one) according to manufacturer's instructions then transfer to a container with a lid and freeze until firm (1-2 hours).
- In a large bowl whisk yolks, honey, vanilla and salt together. Add coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
Bon appetit, y’all!