Tame Flyaways, Add Texture And Channel . . .
A little vintage Hollywood glam with this easy DIY sculpting pomade featuring beeswax, shea butter, jojoba and essential oils. Or – if it’s not your thing – whip up a jar for the hipster guy in your life. Yep, it’s okay if he’s two.
This formula is light/medium hold, husband approved, and super easy. Ready to give it a try?
Homemade Hair Pomade (Sculpting Wax)
(All amounts are by weight)
- 1 ounce beeswax
- 1.5 ounces shea butter
- 2 ounces jojoba
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon essential oil
A Few Essential Oil Options
- Lime essential oils smells amazing, and is helpful for balancing oily hair (in a more concentrated form it may also lighten hair)
- Peppermint and rosemary essential oils stimulate hair growth and add shine. Great for normal hair
- Lemon balm, basil, thyme, patchouli, tea tree, yarrow and lemongrass have astringent properties which are beneficial for oily hair
- Chamomile, lavender, sandalwood, rosemary and parsley are helpful for dry hair.
- Clary sage, tea tree, eucalyptus, patchouli and myrrh are helpful for dandruff
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler over low heat
- When the beeswax is melted, add in shea butter
- When the mixture is melted, add jojoba and stir until just melted
- Pour mixture into a container and allow to cool slightly, then add essential oil
Rub a small amount between your fingertips until there are no lumps, then work through hair and style.
Looking For More Recipes?
This pomade is a new, improved formula I just included in DIY Organic Beauty Recipes, a 180 page guide that will show you how ridiculously easy it is to make your own beauty products, like:
- Quick yet luxurious gifts for friends and baby showers
- Fabulous shampoos and conditioners
- Tooth whitener
- Body sprays
- Deodorants and more.