Note from Mommypotamus: Today’s guest post comes from Suzanne Perazzini of Strands of My Life. Her ebook, Paleo Treats, is chock full of delicious recipes that are free of grains, nuts, eggs and refined sugar. Thank you for stopping by, Suzanne!
This recipe makes perfect burger buns, but it can also be shaped in various ways to create different grain-free breads and rolls. You can fill them with any filling you want but in this instance I have chosen bacon, fried egg, tomato slices, a few leaves of salad and a big flat mushroom per burger.
Grain-free Hamburger Bun Recipe
Makes 4 burgers
- 2.5 cups tapioca flour (where to buy organic tapioca flour)
- 3 cups cheese (any hard cheese)
- 1 tsp baking powder (how to make aluminum-free, grain-free baking powder)
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt (I like this brand and this brand)
- 113gms/ 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1-3 tbsp water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Mix the flour, cheese, baking powder and salt in a food processor.
- Add the butter and eggs. Blend until it clumps together.
- Add a little water if necessary.
- Make 8 small rounds of the dough, then flatten them out into a burger bun shape on baking paper on an oven tray. They don’t change shape or size much.
- Bake for about 10 – 12 minutes until cooked.
Serve while warm. These tend to harden when cool, but they’ll soften if reheated by the next day.