Slather this gravy over grain-free chicken fried steak, cauliflower mashed fauxtatoes or pumpkin, bacon and chive biscuits for the ultimate experience in grain-free comfort food! If you’re feeling adventurous add in some sausage. Or for something more sophisticated use one cup white wine instead of broth. Enjoy!
Grain-Free Homestyle Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter or lard (where to buy pastured lard, how to render lard)
- 3 tablespoons navy bean flour*
- 2 cups chicken broth or filtered water
- salt and pepper to taste
*Navy beans ground into a fine flour using a coffee grinder. To make them more digestible I soak huge batches and then dehydrate before grinding.
- Melt butter over low/medium heat and add navy bean flour. Stir until the roux becomes just a little golden brown.
- Add broth/water and simmer until it is almost as thick as you like it. The gravy will continue to thicken as it cools, so remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
» Recipes » Grain-Free Homestyle Gravy (Thick & Creamy)