This Southwest Potato Hash recipe is one of our favorites for Saturday brunch. It takes a little while to make, but it is oh-so-worth it. Goes great with scrambled eggs!
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2-4 tbs bacon drippings or coconut oil
- ½-1 lb pastured bacon
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees
- Shred potatoes using a cheese grater or mandoline
- Coarsely chop red bell pepper and onion
- Add potatoes, bell pepper and onion to an 8X10 pan
- Mix drippings/coconut oil with potato mixture until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes or until thoroughly cooked
- While potatoes are baking fry the bacon in a pan. Once the bacon has cooled break it into small pieces and sprinkle over the potatoes. You an also add the bacon grease from the pan if you’d like. We do ; – )
If you try this potato hash recipe, let me know in the comments below what else goes well with it.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
» Recipes » Southwest Potato Hash Recipe