These easy homemade “pickled” jalapenos . . .
Can take a dish like Chipotle-style burrito bowls or Mexican 8 layer dip from oohhhkay to OH MY. They’re also a delicious way to spice up this chicken tortilla soup recipe, cauliflower crust pizza and even homemade egg drop soup. Seriously, trust me on this.
Rich in probiotics and naturally occurring Vitamin C, fermented jalapeños are thought to significantly boost the immune system. They also contain a rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory called capsaicin, which is known to prevent ulcers (who would have thought!), ease migraine and sinus headaches, lower blood pressure and cause cancer cells to wither.¹
Just three simple steps and you’re done. Enjoy!
Easy Fermented Jalapeños
Note: To take the heat down a notch, remove most of the seeds before you place jalapeños in the jar.
- 1¾ cup chopped jalapeños
- 1 clove garlic
- 2½ teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- filtered water
- Place jalapeños, garlic and salt in a 16 oz mason jar.
- Fill with filtered water, leaving one inch of space at the top
- Cover tightly with lid and shake until ingredients are mixed. Cover with a dish towel and leave on the counter for 5-7 days.
- Transfer to the fridge for long-term storage. I have a batch from a large harvest over a year ago that is still good!