If you ask my husband, the essentials of life are family, coffee, and homemade ranch dressing. I definitely agree with him on the family part (and the coffee!), but I prefer to mix things up in the kitchen with homemade Thousand Island, Copycat Olive Garden vinaigrette, and this creamy caesar dressing recipe served over crisp romaine lettuce. Y’all, it’s stuff your face and hide the jar from your family good. I don’t do that, of course . . . at least not usually. 🙂
Don’t think it’s just for salads, though. This dressing makes a fantastic marinade for steak or chicken, dip for homemade chicken wings, or sauce for baked fish.
One quick note: Because my family is gluten-free, it took some time to find a good crouton option, but we’ve used this garlicky crouton recipe and it’s pretty tasty. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Caesar Dressing Recipe
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup homemade mayo - Although I've never tried it in this recipe, this paleo mayo is awesome if you'd rather not make your own. I think it would probably work beautifully in this recipe
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (this is what I use)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- sea salt to taste - the amount you need will vary based on whether you include anchovies (this is what I use)
- 2-3 anchovies (optional - I like this brand because it's wild-caught and comes in a glass jar. It's also a smaller quantity than some options, which I prefer because I only need a few)
- Milk or cream to thin the dressing as needed
- Combine the parmesan, mayo, minced garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, pepper, and anchovies (if using) in a blender (or a large-mouth mason jar if you have an immersion blender). Give the dressing a whir, taste, and add milk/cream to thin and salt if needed.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!