If you hadn’t already guessed from this cauliflower crust and this zucchini one, pizza is kind of a big thing in my house. Friday nights often involve a couple of pizzas, a game or funny movie, a slightly early bedtime for my kids, and a glass of wine for me.
I make our pies from whatever we have on hand – butternut squash, almond flour . . . just about anything. One of our favorite crusts, though, is this one made from cassava flour. It’s easy to make, holds together well and has the doughy texture of traditional pizza. It’s also dairy-free, which is something many of you have requested, and pairs beautifully with my no-cook homemade pizza sauce. I hope you love it!
Cassava Flour Pizza Crust Recipe (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
This recipe makes two 10 inch pizzas.
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1 cup arrowroot, flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for oiling dough
- 1 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 425F and place two baking sheet/pizza stones inside. (If you just have one you can bake the crusts separately.)
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well. Allow dough to sit for about 5 minutes to allow it to firm up a little.
- Coat your hands in olive oil, then scoop up the dough and divide it in half. Form one half into a ball. Place it on parchment paper and press it into the form of a 10 inch crust with your hands. Do the same with the second half.
- Slide the baking sheet/pizza stones under the parchment paper/crust and bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove and add toppings. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted - I like to set my oven to broil for the last few minutes so that the mozzarella browns a bit.
Need help making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of my ebook – The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!