This chicken fried steak recipe is a grain-free version of one of my favorite childhood meals. It’s like a great big southern hug with country-style gravy on top. We love it with mashed potatoes (or cauliflower fauxtatoes), green beans slathered in butter, and a big salad with homemade ranch dressing. Let’s get started, shall we?
Grain-Free Chicken Fried Steak
- Mallet TherapyIf you're working with cube steak most of the tenderizing has already been done, but give it a few whacks to thin it out a bit.Round steaks need a bit more work, but they should look something like this when you're done.
- PrepPlace whisked eggs in a medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and pepper.
- SoakPlace each steak in the bowl of whisked eggs and coat thoroughly.
- DredgeDredge steaks in the flour mixture.Set aside to rest for 3-5 minutes. While you're waiting go ahead and preheat a non-stick pan with enough oil to generously coat the bottom (use medium heat).
- FryPlace steaks in pan (if it doesn't sizzle it's not hot enough!) and fry on both sides until golden brown. Top with this creamy dreamy homestyle gravy and enjoy!
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!