I Like Bacon Marshmallows As Much As The Next Person
But sauerkraut cupcakes? Not so much. While creativity in the kitchen is nice, I still prefer healthy twists on tried-and-true favorites: a warm, bubbly peach crisp made without refined sugar, slow-churned coconut lime ice cream, decadent brownies and healthy homemade creamsicles in the spring.
If you feel the same way but are on a grain-free/dairy-free diet, Jenny of Nourished Kitchen has put together a collection of 90+ grain-free recipes that even sourdough families like mine are sure to adore.
Recipes like this these chocolate coconut donuts, which I-kid-you-not taste exactly like slightly less sweet Little Debbie snack cakes without the cream filling. I LOVE cream anything so I melted a little coconut butter in a double boiler with some water and poured it over the top as a glaze . . . yummo! Real whipped cream would have sent these over the top. I would dunk them like some people dunk coffee.
(Hey, no one’s looking, so now is the perfect time to wipe the corner of your mouth. It’s okay, I drooled the first time, too)
Before We Get To The Recipe, Though . . .
Let me tell you a little about this book. The is everything I wish I’d known when my family went grain-free a few years ago. If you want to learn . . .
- The basics of grain free and dairy free baking
- Simple tricks to improve the texture and flavor of your grain-free and dairy-free baked goods
- How to prepare 90+ grain- and dairy-free breads, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, ice creams, fruit desserts and more
- How to recreate your family’s favorite desserts with simple grain/dairy substitutions
And how to make great-tasting grain and dairy-free treats for birthdays, parties or snacks on the go, definitely check out these recipes. Okay? Okay. Now about that recipe . . .
Grain-Free Chocolate Donuts
For this recipe you will need: donut pan, hand mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a donut pan.
- Whisk almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks, with honey, coconut oil, vanilla and coconut extracts. Then pour them into the dry ingredients, and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until light and fluffy. Then, fold them into the bat- ter.
- Pour batter into donut pan.
- Bake about 12 minutes. Allow them to cool until comfortable enough to
- handle, then gently remove them from the pan and set them on a cooling rack.
Looking for more chocolate-infused recipes?
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ganache Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites (Grain-Free, Dairy Free)
- Salty And Sweet Almond Butter Cups
- Cheesecake Swirl Brownies (Grain-Free)
- Homemade Paleo Chocolate
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Mousse
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- Hot Chocolate Mix With Homemade Marshmallows
- Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Grain-Free) from Against All Grain
And though it could technically be considered edible, this mint chocolate whipped body butter works better as a light bronzer. Did I say a few recipes? I meant ten.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!