And thought, “Wait? Calibrate my thermometer? Stir then don’t stir? I see a fudge fail in my future,” then I’ve got just the thing for you. This freezer fudge recipe requires less than 10 minutes of hands-on time – no thermometers needed!
It’s got a creamy, melt-in-your mouth texture and tastes very much like a Thin Mint cookie. Though I’m not usually a huge fan of peppermint as a flavor, it really works in this recipe.
The steps are really simple, too. Feel free to make it during a blissful moment of alone time in the kitchen or while explaining the purpose of eyebrows, why camels have humps and where penguins lay their eggs – it will turn out beautifully either way.
Chocolate Peppermint Freezer Fudge Recipe
Yield 9 large slices
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup cacao powder (where to buy cacao powder)
- 2/3 cup sucanat (where to buy sucanat)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (the kind that dissolves in hot liquids, like this)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract (you can buy gluten-free vanilla extract here, or you can learn how to make your own here)
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (where to buy peppermint extract)
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped nuts for the top (0ptional)
- Place almond butter, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract in a food processor and set aside.
- Add water and sucanat to a sauce pan. Heat until the sucanat can be easily dissolved with stirring. Remove from heat and slowly sprinkle in the gelatin, stirring as you go to prevent clumping.
- Pour the sucanat water into the food processor with the other ingredients. Blend thoroughly and then pour mixture into a small, parchment paper lined container. My container is about 6 inches x 6 inches. Top with chopped nuts if desired.
- Place in freezer for several hours. When the fudge is very firm remove and cut into pieces. Eat immediately or store in the freezer for later.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!