Sometimes being a good neighbor means lending a bit of cinnamon or sugar, and sometimes it means rolling up your sleeves and helping your local farmer/neighbor find a loving home for his surprise strawberry bumper crop. Like your kitchen counter . . . or more specifically your belly.
I’m doing my part, y’all, and as all kind of delicious fruits ripen this season I want you to be able to do yours, too. That’s why I’m sharing this super simple but delightful fruit pizza recipe. The crust is soft and buttery like these paleo sugar cookies – but sturdy enough to pile a lot of fruit on – and the homemade whipped topping is light, fluffy and delicious.
This recipe makes two crusts and enough topping for both because well, you’ll see. ♥
Fruit Pizza Recipe (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Yield 2 crusts
- 2 cups almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour (where to buy arrowroot flour)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (this is what I use)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for forming the dough
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fruit (berries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, etc.)
- Whipped topping (recipe below)
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add in the egg, maple syrup, butter and vanilla extract and stir until well-combined.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place it on parchment paper. Rub a little butter between clean hands and form the dough into two flat crusts.
- Slide the crusts (with the parchment paper still underneath) onto a baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes. Allow to cool before decorating with the whipped topping and fruit.
Decadent Whipped Topping For Fruit Pizza
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream and maple syrup together until soft peaks form. Add in the cream cheese and whip again until well-combined. Spread over the fruit pizza and top with fruit.
Need help making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of my ebook – The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!