To get out of the house? Mine too! Quick, healthy meals are a priority in my house so that we have time for other activities, but sometimes the time between those meals stretches longer than we want it to. With that in mind, here are some healthy snacks that will keep you on-the-go and out of the drive thru.
Granola Goodness & Nut Bars
- Cherry Pie “Larabars” – This easy copycat recipe is ready in five minutes.
- Paleo Maple Granola – Toss some nuts, seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup, etc. together, then bake and voila! My kids gobble this stuff up.
- Trail Mix Poppers – Nut-free and delicious!
- Toasted Coconut Chips – Sweet, salty and healthy 🙂
- Maca Energy Bars – Legend has it that Incan warriors used to consume maca before battle to increase endurance, and research suggests there may be wisdom to this tradition.Maca is an adaptogen, which means that it helps the body adapt to stress and increases stamina.
Gummy Snacks & Healthy Jello
- Orange Creamsicle Vitamin C Gummy Snacks – Did you know that since 1975, USDA handbooks have documented a 40% reduction in cauliflower’s vitamin C content? Getting enough vitamin C can be challenging sometimes, which is why I love these gummies. One serving provides 240-250 mg of whole food vitamin C, and they’re DELICIOUS.
- Sour Gummy Snacks – A fantastic alternative to congealed red #40, high-fructose corn syrup and modified corn starch-laden snacks, these sour gummies are yummy and simple to make!
- Strawberry Cream Gummies – A gut-nourishing recipe from my friend Sylvie
- Creamsicle Gelatin Cups – These are perfect for packed lunches and snacks.
Jerky & Protein Bars
Homemade Beef Jerky – Because jerky is the original protein bar 🙂
- Grass-Fed Beef, Habanero & Cherry EPIC Bar
- Wild Salmon & Smoked Maple EPIC Bar
- Grass-Fed Venison, Sea salt & Pepper EPIC Bar
- Grass-Fed Lamb, Currant & Mint EPIC Bar
- PaleoValley grass-fed beef sticks – These are so delicious! I personally like the jalapeno flavor, but my kids prefer the original and summer sausage flavors.
- Primal Kitchen makes several protein bars that incorporate grass-fed gelatin. They’re not super sweet like most bars, which I prefer. The coconut cashew bar is one of my favorite healthy snacks.
Dried Fruits & Veggies
- Oven Dried Tomatoes – Like sun-dried tomatoes, only more convenient.
- Strawberry Fruit Leather – This recipe from Wellness Mama can be made with an optional nutritious ingredient I would have never thought to add in.
Crispy & Salty Snacks
Parmesan Crisps – These are crispy chips made with just parmesan and pepper. (And you can leave out the pepper if you want to!)
- Sea Snax – As far as healthy snacks go, seaweed is a great alternative to chips, and it’s rich in minerals such as iodine, calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, copper and selenium.Unfortunately most seaweed snacks are made with canola or safflower oil. Safflower I don’t have a big problem with, but companies often switch between the two depending on what’s cheapest so you never know what you’re going to get. Fortunately, I recently discovered these mineral rich from Sea Snax that use olive oil instead.