I’ve marinated and battered and rolled my way through a few (okay A LOT) of chicken nugget recipes over the years. They’ve all been delicious, but not necessarily practical when I’m pressed for time. So a few months ago I “cheated” by skipping several steps in one of our favorite recipes. And you know what? No one noticed. They gobbled them down and asked for more.
I’m always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen, so I made some minor adjustments to my “cheat” experiment and voila! We had a new, faster family favorite. If you have a big, well-seasoned cast iron pan, you can probably have the whole batch done in about 15-20 minutes.
My kids love dunking these homemade chicken nuggets in this five minute homemade ketchup recipe or homemade ranch dressing. I usually add some extra veggies to their plates to dip in the ranch along with a small baked potato or something similar and dinner is done. Cleanup is easy, too!
Homemade Chicken Nuggets (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into one inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour (where to buy arrowroot flour)
- 2¾ teaspoons paprika (where to buy paprika)
- ¾ teaspoon unrefined sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (where to buy onion powder)
- coconut oil for frying (where to buy coconut oil)
- Combine arrowroot flour, paprika, salt and onion powder in a small bowl. One-by-one, toss the chicken pieces in the flour mixture until fully coated.
- Add coconut oil to a large frying pan until it’s about 1/8 inch deep. Heat pan over medium-high heat and add chicken. Fry until golden brown on each side and cooked through the center. I usually pull one out and cut it down the middle to check. Serve with ketchup or ranch dressing.
Courses Main Course
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!