Some things are just meant to go together – snow and mittens, babies and snuggles, and of course Thanksgiving and cranberry sauce.
Since the store-bought stuff I loved as a child is pretty much just high fructose corn syrup with a couple of cranberries mixed in, I’ve been experimenting with different homemade options for years now.
This jellied cranberry sauce recipe balances the tartness of fresh red cranberries with the sweetness of juicy oranges and a touch of honey. It’s so easy to put together, and makes a beautiful addition to any table. I love pouring mine into a mini-bundt pan mold that I picked up one locally, but this one looks like a good option.
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~ Melody Beattie
Jellied Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups (about 12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2/3- 1 cup honey (Start with 1/3 and add 2 tablespoons if it is still too tart. How much you need will vary depending on the sweetness of the oranges used in the recipe.)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold filtered water
- Blend cranberries, 1/3 cup honey and orange juice in a food processor until mixture is very smooth. Add additional honey if needed.
- Place liquid in a pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove liquid from heat and set aside. Add the gelatin to 1/2 cup water and let sit one minute, then add it to the cranberry mixture and stir until dissolved. Check for sweetness and add more honey if needed.
- Pour into your mold and place in refrigerator until well chilled.
Courses Condiments & Sauces
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!