Some things are just meant to go together – snow and mittens, babies and snuggles, and of course Thanksgiving and cranberry sauce.
Since the store-bought stuff I loved as a child is pretty much just high fructose corn syrup with a couple of cranberries mixed in, I’ve been experimenting with different homemade options for years now.
This jellied cranberry sauce recipe balances the tartness of fresh red cranberries with the sweetness of juicy oranges and a touch of honey. It’s so easy to put together, and makes a beautiful addition to any table. I love pouring mine into a mini-bundt pan mold that I picked up one locally, but this one looks like a good option.
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~ Melody Beattie
Jellied Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups (about 12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2/3- 1 cup honey (Start with 1/3 and add 2 tablespoons if it is still too tart. How much you need will vary depending on the sweetness of the oranges used in the recipe.)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold filtered water
- Blend cranberries, 1/3 cup honey and orange juice in a food processor until mixture is very smooth. Add additional honey if needed.
- Place liquid in a pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove liquid from heat and set aside. Add the gelatin to 1/2 cup water and let sit one minute, then add it to the cranberry mixture and stir until dissolved. Check for sweetness and add more honey if needed.
- Pour into your mold and place in refrigerator until well chilled.
Courses Condiments & Sauces
Need help making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of my ebook – The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!