Make tea. Take first sip. Help kids find shoes for 45 minutes. Finish cold tea. Sound familiar? Well then, you’re going to love this masala chai tea recipe! Infused with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, fennel and peppercorns, it’s absolutely delicious both hot and cold. Most people probably tend to prefer one or the other, but I usually get to experience both with just one cup. 🙂
Unlike my adaptogen chai tea recipe – which incorporates herbs that help the body adapt to stress – this recipe is true to blends found in India. Masala chai literally translates as “spiced tea,” so it’s no surprise that it’s full of rich, full-bodied spices that fill the kitchen with a delightful aroma when brewed.
Free download: Masala Chia Tea label template
This chai tea mix is easy to put together and makes a delicious gift for teachers, friends, grandparents, co-workers, neighbors, and whomever else you want to make smile. Put it in a cute mason jar and voila! You have an instant gift that just about everyone will love.
As a gift for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve created a free label template that works perfectly with these labels. You’ll get more exclusive gifts and coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), plus other info and goodies.
How To Package Chai Tea To Give As A Gift
How To Make Chai Tea Mix
- 2 tablespoons hulled cardamom seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried ginger root
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns (I like to use red and green to add a little color)
- 7 tablespoons loose black tea
- Combine all ingredients and spoon into a clean jar. (Or jars, if you're giving the mix away as a gift.)
Masala Chai Tea Recipe
If giving the chai tea mix as a gift, include the instructions below.
- 1 tablespoon chai tea mix
- Place one tablespoon of tea into a tea infuser. Steep tea in 3/4 cup hot water for 5-7 minutes, then remove tea leaves. Add 1/4 cup milk and sweeten to taste.
Need help making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of my ebook – The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!