This flavorful and tender pork tenderloin is rubbed with garlic, mustard, horseradish, and Italian herb seasoning before being pan seared and then finished in the oven. It’s a fast and simple recipe that tastes like it took hours to make.
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin in the Oven
Pork tenderloins frequently come in packages of two. So if the label says it weighs 3 pounds, chances are there are two 1.5 pound pork tenderloins in there. This recipe uses both tenderloins and serves 6-8 people, so if you are cooking for less or don’t want too much leftover, just halve everything and only use one tenderloin.
This is a great recipe for a honey and spice grilled pork tenderloin, but as the weather starts to cool down I needed an inside recipe for this versatile cut of meat.
To make this delicious tenderloin, first season the meat well with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, horseradish, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Use your hands to rub the garlic and herb mixture all over the meat. Sear the tenderloins in a cast iron skillet or other oven safe pan and then pop them in the oven for about 30-45 minutes to finish cooking. The meat should be 145°F when it is done. Let it sit for about 10 minutes after coming out of the oven and then slice and enjoy!
(Not too familiar with cooking in a cast iron skillet? Check out this article for great tips about the versatility of these pans)
Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables
Since the oven is going to be on anyway I like to just toss my sides in there too. This is the perfect protein to pair with roasted vegetables such as roasted cabbage slices, sweet potato fries, or Parmesan and sea salt asparagus. You can roast just about any vegetable by tossing it with oil, sprinkling with salt pepper and other seasonings, and roasting until tender. The oven gives the veggies a depth of flavor that you don’t get from sauteing or steaming.
Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Season the pork tenderloins on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, horseradish, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Rub the mustard mixture all over the pork.
- In a large cast iron skillet or other oven safe pan melt the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- When the pan is hot, add the seasoned pork tenderloin.
- Brown on all sides.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook for 35-45 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 145°F.
- Remove the meat from the oven and let rest 10-15 minutes until slicing and serving.
Do you ever pan sear meat before finishing in the oven? What’s your favorite pork tenderloin recipe? Share below!