Ahhh, grilling – who doesn’t love the way it creates a feeling of relaxed celebration? I love the sound of steak or chicken sizzling and the smell of caramelized onions wafting through the air, but not quite as much as I love knowing that my kitchen will still be clean when dinner is over. Priorities, right? 🙂
When I posted a photo of shish kabob veggies marinating on Instagram earlier this week a couple of you asked for the recipe, so here it is! It’s pretty simple but we love it, and I hope your family does, too.
Also, quick tip: If you’re tired of pulling skewers off the grill only to discover that the onions are still crunchy and the cherry tomatoes are mushy blobs, try placing just one ingredient on each skewer. I’ve found that it’s much easier to cook everything just right that way. After we pull everything off the grill we just pile it in a serving dish and let everyone choose what they want. Easy peasy!
Shish Kabob Marinade Recipe
Makes approximately 1 1/4 cups
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or thyme (or 3/4 teaspoon of dried rosemary or thyme)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Blend ingredients together with a blender or immersion blender and then combine with meat and veggies. Though most methods suggest placing the meat/veggies and marinade in a ziploc bag so that the food marinates evenly, I prefer to avoid plastic when possible. Instead, I place everything in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the top. After giving it a good stir, I place the bowl in the fridge to marinate for 1-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!