Is your refrigerator . . .
A hodge podge of plastic containers, jars, wraps, and bags? Do you want to upgrade to a healthier option that is not only safer than plastic, but more functional and durable?Then you’ll want to read on.
I recently received a set of Wean Green containers as a gift, and, um, they are AMAZING.
Why I ♥ These Containers
1. Glass is versatile. Wean Green containers can go from the oven (up to 250F) into the fridge or freezer.
Cooking and storing with the same container means less time and fewer dirty dishes! That’s a win/win in my book. (Fyi, the lids cannot go in the oven, just the actual containers.)
2. The lids are leak proof.
Each glass cube can be sealed air-tight with a leak-proof silicone seal that is removable for easy washing. You can grab them from the fridge and toss them in a bag as you run out the door and not have to worry about spills. They are seriously leak-proof, too. I have put all kinds of things in them that I would have once considered a “no-no” for transport and they’ve worked beautifully
3. The lids will last. And last. And last.
They’ve passed the kid test by enduring more than 3 million uses per tab and they continue to seal air tight. So when your toddler refuses his expensive toys in favor of clamping and unclamping the lid to your new glass containers, you can just let him clamp to his heart’s content. They’ll still work when he’s done!
If you’re wondering which ones I got specifically, they’re listed below along with what I use them for:
- Large glass storage containers – Great for storing meals, soups and salads
- Medium glass storage cubes – This is my favorite size for mayo and salsa
- Rectangular glass storage tubs – Perfect for snacks like mixed nuts or coconut date rolls
- Small glass storage cubes – I love these for dipping sauces
What’s your biggest obstacle when it comes to kitchen storage?
Want non-toxic cleaning recipes that WORK?
I’ve created a free ebook for you – 7 Non-Toxic Cleaning Recipes That Really Work – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. We cover seven recipes that you can make in just a few minutes each for squeaky clean windows, sparkling dinnerware, lemon fresh countertops, and more.